Little Mix, Jack & Jack and more confirmed for Radio 1 Teen Awards 2018!
BBC Radio 1 today announced the star-studded line up for BBC Radio 1’s Teen Awards 2018 with Little Mix, 5 Seconds of Summer, HRVY, Jack and Jack, Jonas Blue, Mabel, Not3s and Sigrid all set to perform at The SSE Arena, Wembley on Sunday 21 October 2018.
Hosted by BBC Radio 1 presenters Greg James, Maya Jama and Mollie King, the show will also feature the biggest names across music, television, film and sport, with more to be announced.
Now in its ninth year, Radio 1’s Teen Awards is the biggest teen event in the pop music calendar and shines a light on some of the UK’s most inspirational teens, seeing them crowned Teen Heroes of 2018 in front of an audience of 10,000 14-17 year-olds. Nominated by Radio 1 listeners, the deserving Teen Heroes will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of Radio 1 DJs and former Teen Heroes.
Stars that have attended Radio 1’s Teen Awards in previous years include Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, Dua Lipa, Liam Payne, Zoella alongside YouTubers, actors and sports stars.
Nominations for the celebrity categories, as voted for by Radio 1 listeners are:
- Best British Solo Artist - Anne-Marie, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, George Ezra, Liam Payne
- Best British Group - The 1975, Clean Bandit, Little Mix, Rudimental, Years & Years
- Best International Solo Artist - Camila Cabello, Drake, Khalid, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift
- Best International Group - 5 Seconds Of Summer, BTS, The Carters, The Chainsmokers, Panic At The Disco
- Best Film - Avengers: Infinity War, The Greatest Showman, Deadpool 2, Black Panther, Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Best Games – Fortnite: Battle Royale, FIFA 18, Call Of Duty:WWII, Super Mario Odyssey, Playeruknowns Battlegrounds
- Best TV Show – Love Island, Queer Eye, Game of Thrones, Blue Planet 2, First Dates
- Most Entertaining Celeb – Cardi B, Gemma Collins, Chrissy Teigen, Anne-Marie, Millie Bobby Brown
Greg James says: “It’s amazing when Radio 1 sells out Wembley Arena and we can’t wait to be back again this year to bring you some of the biggest stars in the world for a HUGE party in October.”
Maya Jama says: “I am SO excited to host Radio 1’s Teen Awards with Mollie and Greg. Not only do we have the hottest artists performing, but we get to honour all the amazing teen heroes and recognise all their incredible achievements!”
Mollie King says: “I’m so excited to be hosting Radio 1’s Teen Awards. I hosted the show with Grimmy back in 2011 and we had such a laugh - I’m looking forward to doing it all over again with Greg and Maya. The Teen Awards is such a fantastic event that celebrates teen heroes and amazing music. I can’t wait - see you there!”
Little Mix says: “We are so excited to be performing at Radio 1’s Teen Awards so we will see you all there.”
5 Seconds Of Summer says: “We can’t wait to be back in the UK playing shows. It’s one of our favourite places to play. To be able to play Radio 1’s Teen Awards before our own tour starts is the perfect way to kick things off! Thanks to Radio 1 for having us, can’t wait to see everyone there!”
Sigrid says: “I am very, very excited to play the Radio 1 Teen Awards. It’s gonna be so much fun! See you there.”
You can hear everything on BBC Radio 1 from 1pm on Sunday 21st October with coverage on BBC Two. Listeners can also watch on BBC Radio 1’s iPlayer later that evening, with highlights available to watch on Radio 1’s YouTube channel.
Tickets will be available from 5pm on Thursday 13 September atbbc.co.uk/radio1